Saturday, March 26, 2011

One step at a time

Before I went to bed last night, at 430 AM, I read my devotional for yesterday. The verse was Genesis 12:1 which is God telling Abram to leave his family and "go to the land that I will show you." I mentioned in my blog last night that I was to take this journey one day, one hour, one minute, one second. In the devotional, Joyce Meyer goes on to talk about how many people refuse to take the first step until they understand and know steps 2-5. God doesn't usually give us all the steps at one time, as we see in Abrams case and so many others in the Bible. We have to be willing to take that first step with faith and trust in His promises that 1. He won't leave us and 2. His plan is best.  Man! talk about speaking directly to my situation! I LOVE it when God confirms what your heart is feeling. I definitely was one of those people and I still struggle with taking those first steps, but I know that God has a plan to bless me and all I have to do is obey Him one step at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment