Saturday, March 26, 2011

Single mom...Huh??

Tonight, I was driving home from seeing my friend Carrie Bowen: http://www.carriebowen.com/ sing some of her beautiful music and ended up catching a Focus on the Family radio show that was on single moms. Everytime they said the words "single mom" my heart just sank and tears welled-up in my eyes and I thought, "That's me." I've been living this single mom life for almost a year now but it's still hard to wrap my mind around it. Or maybe it's wrapping my heart around it. My heart wanted my children to grow up in a household where the mother and father were together and loved each other. I wanted to give them what I did not have. Simple enough, right? Not so much. My heart hurts from this dream that has been severed by something I feel was and is out of my control. (Not that I was perfect in my marriage, but that's another thought for another blog.) So, now, it's Patty, single mom. How do I do this? One day at time. One hour at a time. One minute at a time. As I heal from the many dreams that are now broken, I smile that I have a heavenly Father that says "I'm not finished with you yet." So, when my heart cringes and tears well-up from hearing those "dreaded" words "single mom", I'm going to remember Psalms 126:5 "Those who sow in tears will reap in JOY."

No comments:

Post a Comment