Saturday, April 2, 2011

"The One and Only Ever you"

Every night, I read Mattea our favorite book, On the Night you were Born. This book has incredible meaning in my life, for multiple reasons. The first time I heard it was in January 2009 when I was sitting beside the 'sleepy spot' of my best friend, Erica's baby boy Titito. Hearing her read it was the most heartwretching and amazing experience in my life. Right after that, I decided that I would buy it and save it for when I had my own child. Little did I know that I was already 4 weeks pregnant when I heard her read it and recieved my copy in the mail just 2 days before I found out I was pregnant with Mattea. The first day I was home from the hospital with Mattea, I started reading it to her. It became a part of our bedtime routine. This book became one of those books that I could read from front to back without even looking at the pages.

"On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder, that the stars peeked into see you and the night wind whispered, "Life will NEVER be the same" Because there had never been anyone like you ever in the world." 

How precious and true are those words!! I believe every mother feels this way and of course we all know that children change your life forever! As I journeyed through the trials of this past year, I continued to read this book to Mattea and found myself in awe of God's love for, not only Mattea, but for ME! There were so many times, more than I can number, that God would say, "This is how I see YOU, Patty!"

"So whenever you doubt just how special you are and you wonder who loves you how near and how far Listen for geese honking high in the sky (they're singing a song to remember YOU by). Or notice the bears asleep at the zoo (It's because they've been dancing all night just for you) or drift off to sleep to the sound of the wind (listen closely, It's whispering your name again!).

After everything happened with my marriage, I was definitely in a place where I needed to be reminded continually of who God had created me to be. I am a child of God and just as I see Mattea as my "gift of God", God sees me a treasure.

"Marvelous are your works, and THAT my soul knows very well." Ps 139:14

God has healed and is continuing to heal me from my hurts and bring me to a place of complete trust and confidence in who I am IN HIM! He is MY treasure and I am His! What a wonderful God we serve!

As I say to Mattea Elise every night,

"For you are fearfully and wonderfully made" , My dear. <3
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment